Monday 23 March 2009

Links to Sponsors Part 1












At the TORM I met Martin Cowley of 'Martins Jerked Meat'. He was selling all manner of vegetarian and meat jerky.

He has been very helpful in assisting me by advertising me online and has offered to sponsor me with Jerky .... mmm tasty and full of protein!







'EventPlan' is a company that assists live events, TV and film to recreate the past. Howard has been really supportive from the onset of this project. He has donated, provided online advertising and it was he who suggested I attend traders fairs.














Setting up at 'The Original Traders Market (TORM)'. Originally set up in 1990 this trade fair prides itself on the quality and range of period products sold. Boasting over 90 traders and approximately 5000 visitors it is arguably the largest re-enactment fair in the UK.

Organiser Anne Laverick kindly gave me space at the TORM to promote my walk, where I was able to converse with traders, re-enactors and the general public. I received plenty of offers for accommodation, especially in the Midlands area. Offers which will hugely reduce my financial burden of this venture.










'Terra Nova' have developed a name famous for quality, reliability and technical expertise in their designs. Most recently they beat their own Guinness World Record for the lightest tent in the world with the Laser Competition, weighing just 940g complete or 860g at its' minimum weight. Terra Nova's aim is to continually extend their horizons and their outdoor product range in order to achieve their mission to be 'Best in Class'.

As my walk is endurance based, over 71 days, Terra Nova was the ideal choice for a superlite tent. Weight is everything in this venture. Terra Nova has agreed to loan me a laserlarge 1, and as such I am very grateful to them and shall report on its performance.






I am also extremely grateful to Anne Farnsworth for allowing me to attend the International Living History Fair in February. As one of the original supporters, she gave me the first opportunity to get my message out to re-enactors. The next fair will be the 10th since its inception in 2003.

The Fair now boasts more than one hundred traders and reenactment societies either selling their wares or promoting their particular society. Here can now be found everything from distant past history up and until the latter part of the twentieth century with stands now being taken by traders from all over Europe and from as far afield as North America.

No comments:

Post a Comment