Tuesday 9 June 2009

Day 24 - Garvald Home Farm.jpg

As I came down and out of the Pentland hills I came through the community at Garvald. It was here that I met a gentleman called Mathew, who explained that Garvald was a community that looked after people with special needs. He offered me a drink and I accepted.

Whilst talking to members of staff and others I noticed that they had built two outdoor clay ovens, which they use for cooking pizzas in etc. I was really quite taken will the attitude and methods employed by staff as they sought to improve the lives of others. Well done everyone keep up the good work.

On a different note, I've been using an Anti-Chafing Gel called LANACANE for the past two days and I must say, for me it doesn't work. I'm really feeling quite sore and my walking speed is dropping off quite considerably, so I'm afraid it's back to the good old favorite Vaseline.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment