Saturday 30 May 2009

Day 12 - Car Trouble.jpg

Whilst walking the Great Glen Way on the eastern bank of Loch Oich I met an elderly couple trying to drive down what eventually was to become a single file track. I explained to them that there was no way their vehicle and dog trailer was going to make it much further. And to be fair, when they had started down the track it was a disused railway. However the railway becomes overgrown with 50 foot trees and so the path leads off to one side of the old railway line.

So, there we were, three of us having to turn a vehicle and trailer 180 degrees back the way they had come. I'm sad to say a few young trees did not survive the incident, but an hour later everything was sorted. I hate to think what might have happened to them had I not been there. Given their predicament they were both in remarkable spirits and very kind hearted.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment