Saturday 20 June 2009

Day 33 - Setting out from Alston.jpg

I arrived here yesterday soaked to the skin. At least I followed a relatively flat route along the South Tyne Trail, which meant that I had finished my day's walk by 1600.

They have a small drying room with a tumble-dryer. Hurrah! I was able to dry most of my clothes...except the woollen hoes and soldiers coat.


I also ate some of the jerked meat supplied by Martin Cowley (www.martinsjerkedmeat.com), Fentimans Curiosity Cola, Pioneer and Suzies Peach. Whereas the meats were tasty, the peach was refreshing and together they made a delicious combination. Tomorrow I'll try the Venison and Port alongside Suzies Fruity Bits (a combination of Peaches and apples).

The Alston House was very comfortable even though I was at the top of the house and head room was challenging... especially wearing my Morion Helmet...when I first arrived. The restaurant was first class: I wasn't given a small roll to start with but half a loaf of fresh crusty bread, followed by stilton and broccoli soup and I finished with duck. Mmmm fooood.


Alston House

Townfoot, Aston, Cumbria, CA9 3RN

Tel. 01434 382200 www.alstonhouse.co.uk

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment