Saturday 20 June 2009

Day 34 - Setting Out Langdon Beck Hotel.jpg

Arrived at the Langdon Beck Hotel yesterday at 16:00 having remained fairly dry. It was a case of straight in the bath to get clean, then I fell asleep waiting for the restaurant in the hotel to open at 19:00.

There is no connectivity here... suffered a lot from that on my walk so far (through the Penines), which is why some of my blogs appear in large groupings.

This photo was taken at 06:00 as I set out for Barnard Castle. Yes, you read it right! I want to make the castle by early afternoon (so I can enjoy it better).

The food here by the way was terrific. I had stilton and broccoli soup again... its a favourite, plus a chicken korma.

I hope to reach Barnard Castle between 1200-1300.


Langdon Beck Hotel

Langdon Beck, Durham, DL12 0XP

Tel. 01833 622267

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment