Here I am minding my own business, walking in the hills and what do I stumble across? Only the highest Inn in Britain at 1732ft above sea level, The Tan Hill Inn. Naturally, I felt obliged to stop for a couple of jars ('obliged'-huh, don't believe it), besides I only have 4 1/2 miles to Keld which is my destination for the day AND it's all down hill.
So far this adventure has brought me:
* the most northerly mainland point in Britain
* the most northerly mainland town in Britain
* almost - the most N-E point on mainland Britain (well, my son went there at least)
* the center of Britain -> Haltwhistle
* the highest pub in Britain
I wonder where the lowest pub in britain is? Perhaps I could drop by?.....nah, maybe not!
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device