Tuesday 23 June 2009

Day 36 - Tan Hill Inn 2.jpg

Here I am minding my own business, walking in the hills and what do I stumble across? Only the highest Inn in Britain at 1732ft above sea level, The Tan Hill Inn. Naturally, I felt obliged to stop for a couple of jars ('obliged'-huh, don't believe it), besides I only have 4 1/2 miles to Keld which is my destination for the day AND it's all down hill.

So far this adventure has brought me:

* the most northerly mainland point in Britain

* the most northerly mainland town in Britain

* almost - the most N-E point on mainland Britain (well, my son went there at least)

* the center of Britain -> Haltwhistle

* the highest pub in Britain

I wonder where the lowest pub in britain is? Perhaps I could drop by?.....nah, maybe not!


Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment