Saturday 27 June 2009

Day 38 - Looking back towards Hawes from Ten End.jpg

Just enjoy the view. This whole walk so far has shown me how awesome the British landscape is.

Getting up to the top of this hill was a bit of a nightmare, rocks and rubble for a path doesn't make for easy walking especially when it's up hill.

I spoke with BFBS today and was asked how I was finding the sunshine. Unfortunately I had to point out that yet again it was raining where I was. That's the difference between North and South.

When I reached my destination (Broad Croft B&B) the proprioter was ever so kind to dry out my clothes in the boiler room.

The pins and needles sensation in my left toe is also starting to give me some concern. As is the pain on the back of my right heel. Must soldier on though.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

1 comment:

  1. Malcolm,

    You may have pinched a nerve in your back, or your left hip. Try keeping your weight on the ball of your right foot.

    I am following your journey with envy and anticipation: I can sense that your are in a bit of a dip at the moment.

    If I had the money and the time, I would drive up to where you are now (my old stamping grounds) and buy you a pint to keep your spirits up. It's a bit tough at the moment, but we are all watching what you are doing.

    I would like to contact you for an interview for The Scoute if possible - ask your Support Team if she would get in touch with me (schofiel@xs4all.nl) if you would like to do this.

    I will try my best to march with you when you get towards the South West, so keep plugging mate! You are not being ignored, a surprising number of people are following what you are doing. Spirits up!

    ReplyDelete