Sunday 28 June 2009

Day 40 - Sebastian Fattorini - Skipton Castle.jpg

Day 40 (25 June). This morning Eddie dropped me off at Kirkby Malham at 0800 so that I might make it to Skipton by 1200. It worked, I was met by Sebastian and we talked in depth about Skipton Castle's history. There was a little banter about me being a parliamentary soldier seeking entry into the strongest royalist castle, but all in good humour.

I gave a brief interview to the Craven Herald, local paper, and posed for numerous photos. I also spent some time walking round the castle and talking with tourists and school parties.

Sebastian was kind enough to provide me with lunch. All in all a wonderful visit to an exceptional castle.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

2 comments:

  1. We met you on the Roman Road at Blackstone Edge today ( Sunday 28th June )and you were very kind talking to our two granchildren , Eve and Ethan .
    Good luck on your journey ........... we will be following your progress on your blog !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sebastian of Skipton30 June 2009 at 11:11

    Good to meet you Malcolm. Good luck with the rest of your journey.

    ReplyDelete