Monday 29 June 2009

Day 44 - 200Ft drop.jpg

This is a shot from the top of Laddow Rocks where I spent most of my time concentrating on not falling of the edge... the footpath runs right along the edge and whilst it might be easy enough in normal hiking gear it was a bit of a challenge in all the kit I'm wearing.

The heat today has been really oppressive, so much so as I had drunk all my water by this stage and still had 6 miles to go. Luckily I found a stream that was fairly clean and was able to restock. It gave me the ability to keep going and feel refreshed.

By the time I got to my rest stop for the night I was shattered and my clothes are contemplating walking on through the night (they are really smelly now).
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

7 comments:

  1. We met Malcolm shortly after we had crossed Laddow Rocks and just before he reached them. I found them a bit of challenge too, but then my legs are a bit older than his. We do admire what you're doing Malcolm and a donation is on its way to H4H as soon as we can get the link to work. Dot and Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malcolm

    Hope the clothes stand up a little longer-!!!!
    (WELL DONE - I cant believe how you have managed this far is such mixed weather- as we wear these clothes regularly as well )
    I will do what I can to clean them up on Friday night-Look forward to seeing you- We have a good steak and a bottle of wine waiting for you-
    Julia and David Timmins

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to do my best to catch up with you between Bishop's Wood and Kinver on Sunday 5th July. Keep it up you mad bugger!

    Washy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it up Malcolm, I met you at the top of a very steep & sweaty (for you) hill just before you arrived at Longnor in the Peak District. Walking in this heat with all that you had on must be hard work - well done!
    Steve Coackley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Dorsets a bit off the beaten track for you, but if you can let me know when you will be at your nearest, and more importantly, when, I'll do all I can to chip in mate. Best regards.
    Phil Webb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just read your story and have to hand it to you Malcolm - you are amazing..... well done and good luck on your travels. Bea Adams

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep it going mate, you are doing grand. Hope to see you at Kelmarsh if not before.

    How long did it take you to get use to walking on land

    ReplyDelete