Thursday 2 July 2009

Day 47 - PC Neil Massey - Saverley Green.jpg

Setting off at 0920 this morning I arrived at Ipstones at 1200. So I've covered yesterdays failing. All I need to do now is todays walk. I managed to reach Draycott in the Moors by 1615 where John caught up with me, bringing milk and food, what a star. John then stayed with me as I pushed on to Stone. It was comforting to know he was there, and he was also giving me stern encouragement to keep going.


I also found myself being stopped by the police again. PC Neil Massey pulled over, interested in what I was doing. He also asked if I had any support vehicle... Just as John drove by... Excellent timing. What was really cool was that Neil arranged for a group of youngsters to offer me some water. Thanks.


O.K. O.K. ..... did I make it? ...


YES. I arrived shattered but jubilant at 1930. John ensured I was booked in and in firmly ensconced in my room before he bade me farewell.


Thank you John and Debbie (The Civil Wardrobe) your help has given me just that boost that I needed.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

3 comments:

  1. Sitting here at the moment feeling very proud of you Ronnie.
    It's a bit cheeky really because I can't claim any credit at all! (Doesn't stop me being proud though!)
    Any chance of a preview of your schedule for the next few days?
    Mike W (LR)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant - the fact that you're braving the heatwave in full kit is awe-inspiring. Our thoughts are with you :)
    Shame you're so far away from my part of the country or I'd also offer shower, bed and laundering service...and probably a foot massage!
    Keep up the fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI MALCOLM,
    HOPE THAT YOU ARE DOING OK.
    MET YOU WALKING OVER BUTTERTUBS ON DAY 37,
    GREAT THING YOU ARE DOING AND IT WILL A GREAT ACHEIVEMENT TO REACH YOUR GOAL

    ReplyDelete